- Feb 5, 2017
- The welfare of birds must always come first.
- Do not damage habitat.
- Keep disturbance to a minimum.
- Never disturb birds at the nest.
- Keeps sites of rare breeding species confidential. If you feel protection is necessary, inform the RSPB or County Recorder.
- Do not harass rare migrants. Consider all the circumstances very carefully before making the sighting known. If necessary keep the sighting secret until the bird has moved on.
- Abide by the legal requirements of the Wildlife & Countryside Act and other legislation at all times.
- Respect the rights of landowners.
- Obey the Country Code.
- Respect the rights of other birdwatchers and other countryside users.
- Keep records of important sightings and make sure they are submitted directly to the County Bird Recorder.
- When bird watching abroad behave as you would expect to behave in Britain.